Your privacy is very important to Salt-Water Sandals UK Ltd.
Salt-Water Sandals UK Ltd is a UK company registered under No. 07433883 (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
Our registered office is:
Unit G05 Regent Studios
1 Thane Villas
We are the “data controller” in respect of your personal information. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We take the security and privacy of your personal information seriously.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how it will be treated.
How and when we collect personal information about you
We collect and process personal information when you:
- visit our website (including when you register on our site or leave any reviews or comments, or fill in forms on our site, such as when you sign up for newsletters or enter a competition);
- purchase any products from our website or use any of our services;
- contact our customer service team or request information from us in any other way;
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research; and
- communicate with us via our social media sites.
What personal information we collect about you
Personal information collected directly may include:
- Your demographic information (such as age/gender and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- Your contact details (such as name, postal address, telephone numbers, e-mail address);
- Your account set up password and other authentication information;
- Your financial and credit card information;
- Your communication and marketing preferences; and
- Your feedback and responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research (unless these are provided anonymously).
We will also collect and store your purchase history.
If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call our customer service number as well as the correspondence and the period of time it took for us to deal with a query or any request you had. We may also record your levels of satisfaction with the services we have provided.
When you visit our website, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example, by using cookies (please see section on Cookies below). This type of information may include the following:
- information about your device, operating system and IP address;
- your login information;
- browser type and version; and
- information about your visit on our website, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information.
How we use your personal information
We recognize your personal information belongs to you. We may process your personal information for specific purposes when you choose to give it to us, such as:
- To provide you with the information, goods and services you have requested and send you marketing and advertising materials;
- To monitor your use of our website, improve our website for your easier use and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- To manage your account and authenticate your access to our website;
- To verify your identity and prevent fraudulent activity;
- To contact you if you give permission about offers, competitions and new products, tailoring any marketing or advertising so that it is more relevant to you;
- To provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- To conduct marketing analysis to allow us to assess trends and the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns (including using your personal information to evaluate, analyse or predict certain personal aspects relating to you, such as your preferences, interests, and/or location);
- For system administration purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To ensure that our websites are safe and secure; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulation.
Legal basis for processing your personal information
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as an online retailer, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. For example, we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market analysis to understand our customers in sufficient detail so we can create new services and improve the profile of our brand.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a product from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and send the product to you.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
Our website is not intended for, and should not be used by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Disclosing your personal information
We may share your personal information with our suppliers and service providers, such as payment, delivery and warehouse partners and IT and operating system providers, so that we can provide our goods and services to you. We may also share your personal information with marketing service providers if you have entered a promotion or competition with us on our website. These suppliers and service providers may be based outside the EEA or the UK, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK.
We ensure contractual obligations are in place with our suppliers and service providers, which means they can only use your personal information to provide our specified services to you and that they also need to keep your personal information secure. Whenever we transfer your personal information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the UK or the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); or
- in the event of a merger or takeover or change of company ownership we may have to disclose your personal information to the new owner so that they can continue to provide services to you.
Length of time we keep your personal information
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. The longest we would hold any personal information for is 10 years (for financial accounting purposes related to orders you may have made). We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Avoid logging onto your account with us on a computer in a public space, please do this at home or on a secure network.
Keep your Salt-Water Sandals UK Ltd account passwords protected and do not share them. We suggest you frequently change your passwords. We will never ask for bank details on e-mail. Please tell us if you receive an e-mail which looks as though it is from us, asking for this information. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details below. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted during your use of our website.
Your data (Personal information) rights
In accordance with the data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in case of alleged infringement of the data protection rules applicable to you. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (by clicking Contact us here) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by clicking Contact us here.
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, we will ask you to let us know what right you want to exercise and provide information (copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity) for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests from third parties.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services such as our business partners or collaboration partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy notices before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies: These allow our site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They allow your preferences or actions across the site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for or are accessing on our site could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our site, e.g. which pages you go to most often.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features to service your requests.
What happens if cookies are disabled?
This depends on which cookies you disable. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site and you may not be able to access all the functions of the website. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site.
How to Disable Cookies
If you want to disable cookies you can activate the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org).
If you have any questions about how we use your data which we have not answered here, or if you want to exercise your personal data rights, please click Contact us here.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may change this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time. The newest Privacy and Cookies Policy will be displayed on our website. The date this Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated appears at the bottom.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated in March 2021.