Anja Papke - a Salt-Water fan from Berlin
Anja Papke, 43, is a Salt-Water fan from Germany. She works in a law office in Charlottenburg, Berlin. She loves to bake and travels widely. We discovered her beautiful pictures on Instagram and all the photos featured here are courtesy of Anja. Thank you Anja!
DESCRIBE YOUR HOME
I live in a small village called Senzig, 30 km from Berlin, in a Swedish timber house. We have a large garden with many trees, mainly pines. There is a lake very nearby. We have two cats, Rudi and Quaki.
HOW DID YOU DISCOVER THE SALT-WATER BRAND?
I saw them on Instagram and thought "I have to have these sandals!"
WHERE IS THE MOST INTERESTING PLACE YOU HAVE WORN YOURS?
I wore them non-stop this Summer and took them on a city break to Copenhagen - I covered the whole city in my new sandals. I think many other city trips will follow.
WHAT IS ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
An alarm clock. A glass carafe, which I bought in Stockholm and the novel by Heinz Strunk "Junge rettet Freund aus Teich".
DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE NOVEL?
Roy Jacobsen "Der Sommer in dem Linda schwimmen lernte", translation "Child Wonder".
"Child Wonder is a powerful and unsentimental portrait of childhood. Roy Jacobsen, through the eyes of a child, has produced an immensely uplifting novel that shines with light and warmth."
WHAT DO YOU DO TO RELAX?
In the Summer ... I love to swim in the lake near to my house. Most of all when it is raining, then the water is warmer than the air.
I like very much to visit my beautician in Berlin in the district Prenzlauer Berg. It is always like a little vacation to visit Mrs Schulz. I love Berlin. I think it is one of the most dynamic cities in the world. I like to wander through the weekly markets of the city.
I also love to bake and my speciality is 'Marillenknödel', a sweet bake with cottage cheese and apricot.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY FOR YOU?
I get up at 6 o'clock. Drink my coffee from a cup made in the Susie Watson Ceramic studio. I travel by bike to the train station and then by train to Berlin. In the afternoon sometimes I meet up with friends or colleagues. Then we go for dinner or stroll through the shops of Berlin.
WHAT WAS THE LAST GIG YOU WENT TO?
Justin Bieber! But it was a gift for Lucija, the daughter of my friend Mirela. She cried tears of joy when we gave her the tickets.
WHERE WERE THE LAST THREE PLACES YOU TRAVELLED TO?
Denmark. London. Capri.
WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?
Planning my next holiday.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP MUST SEES & DOS FOR VISITING BERLIN?
There is so much to see in Berlin! I have picked the districts of Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg.
1. I would start the day with a breakfast in the “Meierei”. This is a small breakfast restaurant with specialties from the Alps. I have no specific recommendation - it all tastes so good!
2. Visit the market at Kollwitzplatz with fresh, organic produce from the region. My special recommendation: The licorice stand Kadó.
3. Berlin from above - a visit to the Berliner Fernsehturm, at 368 meters this is the highest building in Germany. Book the tickets in advance online, then you don't have to wait.
4. Berlin from the water - a boat trip on the river Spree. http://www.spreetours.de
5. And when you visit Berlin you cannot miss the Currywurst ( a German fast food, think spicy sausage and chips) And you eat the best (for me) at Konnopke!
You can follow Anja on Instagram @hankbukowski
For Salt-Water Stockists in Germany visit the European Stockists Page on our website and scroll down to Germany.